CPD Dynamics Ltd
A brief syllabus for the CPD short course
Mechanical Shock Testing
Email: email@example.com for a more detailed syllabus.
- Shock Testing Overview
- terminology; pulse types & examples; time and frequency domain; classical pulses; half-sine, final peak sawtooth and trapezoidal pulses; classical pulse shapes; pyrotechnic shock.
- Shock Testing Machines
- shock machine types; free fall drop tower machines; pendulum machines; vacuum and pressure gun machines; inclined impact testers; horizontal test systems; programming waveforms; springs, crushable cones, pistons; impact without rebound.
- Electrodynamic Shakers for Shock Testing
- advantages & limitations; shock spectrum synthesis; controlling pulse shapes;compensation pulses; table travel; MIL STD half sine; Wavsyn pulses; digital shock control.
- Shock Measurement Techniques
- linearity; frequency and phase response; phase shifting; zero shift; accelerometer designs; piezo-resistive and piezoelectric designs;
voltage and charge amplifiers, integrated circuit PE transducers; step and system function response; temperature effects.
- Shock Response Spectra
- SRS definition, generation, units and damping, derivation and interpretation; primary, positive and negative residual, maximax spectra; absolute acceleration,
relative deflection and pseudo velocity; SRS versus Fourier; SRS for classical waveforms; applications for package design; shock synthesis; wavelet synthesis.
- Analysis Techniques - simple calculation procedures; inelastic and elastic impacts, coefficients of restitution;
force transmitted to foundation; time and frequency domain ; frequency analysis; wavelet synthesis.