CPD Dynamics Ltd
A brief syllabus for the CPD short course
Email: email@example.com for a more detailed syllabus.
- Overview of Climatic Testing
- basic atmospheric conditions; temperature and heat flow mechanisms (inc. solar radiation); pressure and altitude; humidity; pollution and contamination.
- Temperature Testing
- high and low temperatures; testing regimes; steady state, diurnal cycling, rapid temperature changes, thermal shock; airflow requirements; working space; thermal mass.
- Humidity Testing
- absolute and relative humidity; effects of humidity; generation and removal of humidity.
- Measurement of Temperature
- thermocouples, output characteristics, colour codes, cold junction compensation, extension wire; PRT types, configurations, wire connections.
- Measurement of Humidity
- chilled mirror dew point hygrometer; wet and dry psychrometer; psychrometric charts.
- Control, Measurement and Recording Equipment
- ON/OFF, proportional, integral and derivative control; cool channel, control strategy; loop tuning, alarms and trips.
- Heating and Refrigeration Plant
- latent heat; evaporation and boiling; refrigerant gases; greenhouse gases; LN2 cooling; mechanical refrigeration; single and cascade systems.
- Pressure and Altitude Testing
- effect of vacuum; chamber considerations; vacuum generation; pumps; vacuum measurement, gauge types.
- Solar Radiation - spectral distribution; daily, seasonal and geographic variation; photochemical effects; lamp types.
- Measurement Uncertainty
- measurement accuracy; uncertainty and error; resolution; repeatability; calibration.